Suzano rapporteert record aangepaste EBITDA van R$8,6 miljard in het derde kwartaal van 2022
Resultaten gedreven door hogere wereldwijde pulpprijzen, toenemend verkoopvolume en een gunstige wisselkoers
NEW YORK & SÃO PAULO–(BUSINESS WIRE)– Suzano, ‘s werelds grootste producent van hardhoutpulp, maakt record kwartaalresultaten bekend voor het derde kwartaal van 2022 (3Q22).
- Netto-inkomsten R$14,2 miljard, een stijging van 32% ten opzichte van 3Q21
- Aangepaste EBITDA van $ 8,6 miljard, een stijging van 36% ten opzichte van 3Q21
- Operationele cashgeneratie van R$ 7,2 miljard, een stijging van 37% ten opzichte van 3Q21
- Nettowinst van R$ 5,4 miljard versus een nettoverlies van R$ 959 miljoen in 3Q21
- Sterke pulp volumes tijdens het kwartaal, terwijl de papierverkoop marginaal daalde
Suzano reports record Adjusted EBITDA of R$8.6 billion in the third quarter of 2022
Results driven by higher global pulp prices, increasing sales volume and a favourable exchange rate
NEW YORK & SÃO PAULO–(BUSINESS WIRE)– Suzano, the world’s largest hardwood pulp producer, announces record quarterly results for the third quarter of 2022 (3Q22).
- Net revenues R$14.2 billion, an 32% increase on 3Q21
- Adjusted EBITDA of $8.6 billion, a 36% increase on 3Q21
- Operating cash generation of R$7.2 billion, an 37% increase on 3Q21
- Net income of R$5.4 billion versus a net loss of R$959 million in 3Q21
- Strong pulp volumes during the quarter, while paper sales declined marginally
- Pulp sales totalled 2.8 million tons, a 5% increase on 3Q21
- Paper sales totalled 331,000 tons, a 2% decline on 3Q21
- Operating costs excluding downtime, were R$883/ton, an increase of 3% on 2Q22
These strong quarterly results mainly reflect Suzano’s continued operational excellence and is supported by higher global pulp prices, increased sales volume and a favourable exchange rate. While Suzano’s revenues were positively impacted by the FX rate during the period, the company’s operating cash generation demonstrates strong resilience to rising input costs. As a result, the ratio of net debt to adjusted EBITDA ended the quarter at 2.1 times in US dollars, compared to 2.3 times at the end of 2Q22.
Walter Schalka, CEO of Suzano, commented:
“I am very grateful to our workforce’s efforts which has helped deliver another successful and record-breaking quarter, supported of course by favourable market conditions. The cash generated throughout the period will allow us to continue executing on our ambitious long-term capital allocation strategy.”
Since the beginning of the year to end of September 2022, Suzano invested R$11.2 billion. This falls in line with Suzano’s full year 2022 capital expenditure guidance of R$16.1 billion. Moreover, the company has recently launched a third share repurchase programme and announced the acquisition of Kimberly-Clark’s tissue business in Brazil.
These initiatives are in addition to others rolled out this year, including the distribution of R$1.8 billion as dividends to shareholders, a R$2 billion investment to acquire forestry assets, the disbursement of R$1.9 billion in share repurchase programmes, the intensification of environmental and social initiatives to fulfil its Commitments to renewing life, the creation of Suzano Ventures, and the construction of a textile fibre plant in Finland in partnership with Spinnova.
View source version on businesswire.com: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20221027006180/en/