Radisys breidt toegangsportfolio uit met de lancering van Connect Open Broadband
Disruptieve, first-to-market open en gedesaggregeerde PON-oplossing ontketent nieuwe innovatie met schaal om glasvezelrollen van alle formaten aan te pakken
HILLSBORO, Ore. – (BUSINESS WIRE) – Radisys® Corporation, een wereldleider op het gebied van open telecomoplossingen, introduceerde vandaag Connect Open Broadband, een carrier-grade, Tier 1 netwerkgeharde, schaalbare en veilige software gedefinieerde Passive Optical Network (PON) ) distributie op basis van open standaarden en web-schaal architectuur om snelle innovatie en schaalvoordelen te stimuleren. De uitgesplitste PON-oplossing geeft de implementatie van Communications Service Providers (CSP’s) flexibiliteit, schaalbare netwerkgroei en verhoogde flexibiliteit van de service met geoptimaliseerde CapEx en OpEx.
Radisys Expands Access Portfolio with the Launch of Connect Open Broadband
Disruptive, First-to-market Open and Disaggregated PON Solution Unleashes New Innovation with Scale to Address Fiber Rollouts of All Sizes
HILLSBORO, Ore.–(BUSINESS WIRE)– Radisys® Corporation, a global leader of open telecom solutions, today introduced Connect Open Broadband, a carrier-grade, Tier 1 network-hardened, scalable and secure software-defined Passive Optical Network (PON) distribution based on open standards and web-scale architecture to drive rapid innovation and economies of scale. The disaggregated PON solution gives Communications Service Providers (CSPs) deployment flexibility, scalable network growth, and increased service agility with optimized CapEx and OpEx.
- The demand for high-speed broadband services such as internet, video calling and conferencing, and IPTV has created massive growth in network data usage like never before. As such, CSPs’ networks are increasingly overburdened. Service providers need to optimize their networks to scale service delivery efficiently, while maximizing the opportunity to deliver innovation at a rapid pace.
- Radisys’ Connect Open Broadband offers an intelligent, scalable and secure software-defined PON distribution based on the Open Networking Foundation’s (ONF) SEBA reference platform and enhanced with Radisys innovation. This architecture allows for a seamless introduction of the Broadband Forum’s OB-BAA architecture by conforming to the standard YANG models with the Northbound Interface (NBI).
- The solution disaggregates software from the underlying hardware with open interfaces, enabling faster product innovation cycles. The hardware agnostic solution enables service providers to leverage white-box optical line terminals (OLTs) from an interoperable multi-vendor ecosystem for flexible deployable options.
- Connect Open Broadband, built on cloud-native microservices architecture, allows for the addition of new network functions on demand and delivers a path to automated and simplified network operation. The programmability, automation and deeper network visibility further enables better fault detection, faster service delivery and future-proof network expansions.
- The solution is access network (GPON, XGS-PON, NG-PON2) agnostic and offers flexible deployment options.
“In the digital era where high-bandwidth services and pervasive connectivity are required to meet subscriber expectations, service providers are rethinking how they build their networks to meet demand with optimal performance and value,” said Harris Razak, senior vice president of Broadband Access, Radisys. “Connect Open Broadband is a commercially ready, network-hardened solution that allows service providers to enable rapid innovation through disaggregation and to bring new services to market faster.”
“Radisys has been a Partner Member of ONF for many years and has been one of the most active supply chain members working directly with our operator partners. Radisys has helped drive ONF open reference designs and open source platforms and is among the first to commercialize solutions based on ONF platforms,” said Guru Parulkar, Executive Director, ONF. “Radisys’ Connect Open Broadband combines open architectures, software innovation, and white-box hardware to facilitate service agility.”
“Broadband service providers face increased pressure to deliver innovative services to compete with OTT providers,” said Simon Stanley, Analyst at Large, Heavy Reading. “Open, disaggregated solutions give service providers the flexibility to select best-in-class network elements from a number of vendors in order to intelligently scale their networks and deliver the services their customers demand in a cost-effective manner.”
- Solution Brief: Connect Open Broadband Access
- Heavy Reading Webinar: Supercharge Your Fiber Broadband Service, May 21 at 12 pm ET
Radisys is a global leader in open telecom solutions and services. Its disaggregated platforms and integration services leverage open reference architectures and standards combined with open software and hardware, enabling service providers to drive open digital transformation. Radisys offers an end-to-end solutions portfolio from digital end points, to disaggregated and open access and core solutions, to immersive digital applications and engagement platforms. Its world-class and experienced network services organization delivers full lifecycle services to help service providers build and operate highly scalable and high-performance networks at optimum total cost of ownership. For more information, visit www.Radisys.com.
Radisys® is a registered trademark of Radisys. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
View source version on businesswire.com: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20200519005223/en/
Nereus for Radisys
Lori Mesecke, +1-503-459-9150