- Wereldwijd API-first betaling technologieplatform drijft ‘s werelds toonaangevende fintechs aan, waaronder Revolut, Curve, Starling Bank, Zilch, WeLab Bank en Paidy
- Investeringen van Advent International en Viking Global Investors bieden diepe betalingen en fintech-ervaring en kapitaal; volgt strategische investering door Visa in 2020
- Het bedrijf is van plan investeringen te gebruiken om technologische investeringen in productinnovatie te versnellen en om de uitbreiding van zijn klantenbestand in 48 landen in Europa, Azië-Pacific en het Midden-Oosten voort te zetten
LONDEN–(BUSINESS WIRE)– Global Processing Services (“GPS”), het toonaangevende wereldwijde platform voor betalingstechnologie, heeft vandaag aangekondigd dat het meer dan US$ 300 miljoen heeft opgehaald bij Advent International (“Advent”) en Viking Global Investors (“Viking”), die het bedrijf mede zal leiden. De investering van Advent wordt gefinancierd via Advent Tech en Sunley House Capital, een dochteronderneming van Advent.
Global Processing Services Raises Over US$300 Million to Accelerate Technology Development and Global Growth
- Global API-first payment technology platform powers the world’s leading fintechs, including Revolut, Curve, Starling Bank, Zilch, WeLab Bank and Paidy
- Investment from Advent International and Viking Global Investors provides deep payments and fintech experience and capital; follows strategic investment by Visa in 2020
- Company intends to use investment to accelerate technology investments in product innovation and to continue the expansion of its customer base in 48 countries today across Europe, Asia-Pacific, and the Middle East
LONDON–(BUSINESS WIRE)– Global Processing Services (“GPS”), the leading global payment technology platform, today announced it has raised over US$300 million from Advent International (“Advent”) and Viking Global Investors (“Viking”), who will co-control the company. The investment by Advent will be funded through Advent Tech and Sunley House Capital, an affiliate of Advent.
GPS’ API-first payment technology platform enables innovative card programmes for the world’s leading fintechs, digital challenger banks and embedded finance providers. Its platform has helped scale multiple unicorns and powers a vast array of prominent fintechs across Europe, Asia-Pacific, and the Middle East, including Revolut, Curve, Starling Bank, Zilch, WeLab Bank and Paidy. Through a single unified code base, GPS enables its customers and partners to launch and scale card programmes across 48 countries, supported by integrations with over 95 issuers. To date, it has issued over 190 million physical and virtual cards, and last year processed more than 1.3 billion transactions on its cloud-based platform.
“GPS provides key payments technology infrastructure, enabling the global fintech revolution. Their agile, resilient and modern cloud platform drives some of the most innovative use cases and allows fintechs to globalise through a single API,” commented Peter James, Director at Advent International.
“Through their customer-centric innovation, GPS has quietly established a leading position in key markets around the world with an attractive, diversified and global customer base. Together with Viking, we look forward to supporting GPS’ leadership team to expand the business’s product offering and accelerate its international reach.”
“We are delighted to partner with Advent and Viking, with their deep experience and track record in payments and fintech, and, who share our bold vision for the next generation of global payments,” said Joanne Dewar, Chief Executive Officer at GPS.
“GPS has been at the heart of the global fintech explosion, simplifying access to the global rails of the new digital payments era. This investment will allow us to turbo charge our geographic footprint and product expansion plans as we drive the payments ecosystem in the key verticals of today and tomorrow, including digital banking, Buy Now Pay Later, B2B virtual cards, financial empowerment, and much more.”
Advent has a strong track record in the growth of businesses across the payment and software industries, including a recent investment in Planet, the global integrated payments leader, and Dock, the Latin American financial technology infrastructure provider where Advent’s affiliate, Sunley House Capital, co-invested alongside Viking. Worldwide since 2008, Advent has invested ~US$5 billion across 12 payments platform companies.
Viking has a long history investing in payments and software, across both the private and public markets. Viking is investing in GPS out of its private equity vehicles, which currently manage over $17 billion. Recent payments investments include Dock, the Latin American financial technology infrastructure provider where it co-invested alongside Advent, and Clip, the Mexican digital payments and commerce platform.
The transaction will be subject to customary closing conditions.
About Global Processing Services (GPS)
Global Processing Services (GPS) is the trusted and proven go-to payments processing partner for today’s leading fintechs, including Revolut, Curve, Starling Bank, Zilch, WeLab Bank and Paidy. GPS has to-date issued over 190 million physical and virtual cards, enabled in over 48 countries, and last year processed over 1.3 billion transactions on its API-first cloud-based platform.
GPS’ highly flexible and configurable platform places the control firmly in the hands of global fintechs, digital banks, and embedded finance providers, enabling them to deliver rich functionality to the cardholder. It is a multi-award-winning issuer processor powering next generation payment segments, including expense management, B2B payments, crypto, lending and credit (including Buy Now Pay Later propositions), digital banking, FX, remittance, open banking and more.
GPS is certified by Visa and Mastercard to process and manage any credit, debit or prepaid card transaction globally, with offices in London, Newcastle, Singapore, Sydney and Dubai. Its platform is equipped to meet the stringent standards required by Tier 1 banks, integrating with 95 issuer partners and operates programmes for a client base across the globe.
Company highlights from the last two years include:
- Expansion into Asia-Pacific through establishing a new regional centre of excellence in Singapore alongside a hub in Sydney, with a fast-growing customer base including WeLab Bank, the first homegrown virtual bank in Hong Kong, and Paidy, the largest Buy Now Pay Later player in Japan.
- Secured strategic investment from Visa, a long-term partner of GPS, and established a new regional centre of excellence in United Arab Emirates (UAE) having been selected as one of its preferred issuer processors in Asia-Pacific and the MENA region.
LinkedIn: Global Processing Services | LinkedIn
About Advent International
Founded in 1984, Advent International is one of the largest and most experienced global private equity investors. The firm has invested in over 380 private equity investments across 42 countries, and as of June 30, 2021, had €68 billion in assets under management. With 15 offices in 12 countries, Advent has established a globally integrated team of over 245 private equity investment professionals across North America, Europe, Latin America and Asia. The firm focuses on investments in five core sectors, including business and financial services; health care; industrial; retail, consumer and leisure; and technology. After 35 years dedicated to international investing, Advent remains committed to partnering with management teams to deliver sustained revenue and earnings growth for its portfolio companies. For more information, visit:
About Viking Global Investors LP
Founded in 1999, Viking is a global investment management firm that manages approximately $48 billion of capital for its investors. It has offices in Greenwich, New York, Hong Kong, London, and San Francisco and is registered as an investment adviser with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission. For more information, please visit www.vikingglobal.com.
Sumeet Vermani / Louisa Bartoszek
Global Processing Services
Graeme Wilson / Harry Cameron
Tel: +44 (0)20 7353 4200