AMSTERDAM–(BUSINESS WIRE)– TomTom (TOM2) GO Mobile, a new navigation app for iPhone with TomTom Traffic, is now available globally, for free, on the Apple App Store. Everyone can experience TomTom’s premium navigation and real-time traffic information, driving up to 75km every month free of charge*. Drivers can upgrade to unlimited driving with a simple in-app purchase.
This Smart News Release features multimedia. View the full release here: http://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20160314005522/en/
Sharing the same user interface as the award-winning TomTom GO satnav, the mobile app helps drivers get to their destinations, faster, every day. With offline Maps, TomTom Traffic, superior routing and Speed Camera warnings in countries where available, the app is the ideal travel companion for mobile drivers. The new app features a global map licence so drivers can use it in over 150 countries even without a network connection**.
“The TomTom GO Mobile app for iPhone is made for drivers who want to experience the best of TomTom on their smartphone,” says Corinne Vigreux, Managing Director, TomTom Consumer. “We completely rethought our mobile solution so that every driver has the chance to try navigation with TomTom Traffic. Now all iPhone owners can avoid the traffic jams and get to their destinations faster, every day.”
The app is now available to download from the Apple iTunes Store for free: https://itunes.apple.com/app/id884963367
TomTom GO Mobile for Android™ was launched in March 2015, and has been downloaded over 4 million times.
– ENDS –
Notes to editors
iPhone, Apple and the Apple logo are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. App Store is a service mark of Apple Inc.
Android is a trademark of Google Inc.
In-app purchase for unlimited kilometres
- 1 year = €19.99
- 3 years = €44.99
TomTom GO Mobile app features:
- World Maps: Install and update maps from around the world at no extra cost.***
- TomTom Traffic: Always know where delays are and whether a faster route is available.
- Speed Cameras: Drive more relaxed with speed camera alerts, trusted by millions of TomTom drivers.****
- Offline Maps: Maps are stored on your device so you don’t need internet access or data roaming to plan a route.
- Points of Interest: From gas stations to hotels, your app comes pre-loaded with millions of useful POIs.
- Quick search: Find destinations faster with Quick Search. It starts finding locations as soon as you start typing.
- Navigate to Copied Addresses: Easily select locations you found on websites or other apps by copying their address and pasting it into Quick Search.
- Tap and go: Tap on your favourite destination on the map, and you’re on your way.
- Advanced Lane Guidance: Clearly see which lane to take at key junctions.
* Drivers receive 75 free kilometres every month, which includes TomTom’s premium navigation, TomTom Traffic and TomTom Speed Cameras. On the first of every month the free 75kms are added to the driver’s app. These kilometres are not accumulated if not driven in the 30 days.
**A mobile data plan with the user’s chosen mobile network provider is required in order to be able to access all of the features of the app.
*** Data storage constraints may apply. Download 4 or more full updates of any installed map per year. You need a wireless or cellular data connection to download new maps and updates
**** Check http://tomtom.com/20719 for availability per country. Services require a mobile phone connection. Your operator may charge you for the data used and costs may be significantly higher.
At TomTom (TOM2) our mission is to make technology so easy to use, that everyone can benefit from it.
We created easy to use navigation devices, helping millions of people to get where they want to be. Today, we continue to simplify the complex, making technology more accessible for everyone.
We have four customer facing business units: Consumer, Telematics, Automotive and Licensing.
We make easy to use navigation devices, sport watches and action cameras for consumers. We enable businesses with vehicles to more easily manage and improve fleet efficiency whilst increasing overall business performance with our Telematics solutions. We also offer a world leading real-time map platform that is powering innovative location based services and helping to make automated driving a reality for the automotive industry.
Founded in 1991 and headquartered in Amsterdam, we have over 4,600 employees and sell our products worldwide.