FRANKFURT, Germany–(BUSINESS WIRE)– TomTom (TOM2) today announces the availability of its complete TomTom connected navigation solution in the new “Formula of Style” Lancia Ypsilon Uconnect™ 5” Radio Nav LIVE.
For the first time on a Lancia Ypsilon, the embedded Uconnect™ 5’’ Radio Nav LIVE infotainment system features the full TomTom experience with up-to-date maps, the latest routing engine and five years of TomTom’s world-class, highly accurate Traffic service, as well as other TomTom services: live speed cameras, weather alerts and local search for Points of Interest.
“We are happy to offer to the new Lancia Ypsilon drivers the best of TomTom connected navigation” said Jan-Maarten de Vries, VP Automotive Product Marketing at TomTom. “With our connected services included for five years, this is the most comprehensive package to drivers ever launched in a Lancia Ypsilon and helps to make every driver’s journey faster and better informed.”
The TomTom connected services, part of FCA’s Uconnect™ LIVE offering, are also available on Fiat 500, Fiat 500x, Jeep Renegade and will be available on further selected models and countries across Europe.
* The availability of the services can be checked at www.driveuconnect.eu .
TomTom connected services:
- Traffic: Using up-to-date traffic information, TomTom Traffic gets drivers to their destinations faster.
- Speed Cameras: Mobile and fixed speed camera alerts on the go.
- Local search: Drivers can search for any location, from a local petrol station to a supermarket, and navigate straight there.
- Weather: Drivers will receive local and five-day forecasts so they can make plans based on the latest weather.
For more information, go to http://automotive.tomtom.com/en/connected-services
Additional features of the Uconnect™ LIVE infotainment system:
- New Lancia Ypsilon features award-winning Uconnect™ technology with 5’’ Radio Nav systems available.
- New Uconnect™ LIVE services provide drivers with the ability to use popular apps, including: Internet Radio with TuneIn, Internet music with Deezer, news with Reuters, social networks with Facebook and Twitter, save fuel with eco:Drive and take care of you car with my:Car. Drivers can put their devices away and control the apps using the Uconnect system’s large touchscreen display.
At TomTom (TOM2) our mission is to make technology so easy to use, that everyone can achieve more.
We created easy to use navigation devices, helping millions of people to get where they want to be. Today, we continue to simplify the complex, making technology more accessible for everyone.
We have four customer facing business units: Consumer, Telematics, Automotive and Licensing.
We make easy to use navigation devices, sport watches and action cameras for consumers. We enable businesses with vehicles to more easily manage and improve fleet efficiency whilst increasing overall business performance with our Telematics solutions. We also offer a world leading real-time map platform that is powering innovative location based services and helping to make automated driving a reality for the automotive industry.
Founded in 1991 and headquartered in Amsterdam, we have 4,200 employees worldwide and sell our products in over 46 countries.
About TomTom Automotive
TomTom Automotive is the trusted partner for innovative and future-proof navigation technology for the global automotive industry. As a global leader in connected navigation software, traffic information and digital real-time maps, we offer Automotive OEMs the modular components to create competitive infotainment systems, as well as the technology to enable the future self-driving cars to see beyond their sensors.
+31 (0) 6 11 33 4292
Invest or Relations:
Head of Treasury and Investor Relations
+31 (0)20 757 5194