LOS ANGELES–(BUSINESS WIRE)– Akana, aanbieder van systemen voor API-beheer, API-beveiliging en cloudintegratie, heeft vandaag de lancering van een nieuw API-platform met geografische spreiding over verscheidene datacenters aangekondigd. Het nieuwe platform zorgt voor ongeëvenaarde toegankelijkheid en veerkracht van API’s en helpt klanten bij het tegemoetkomen aan de behoeften van hun internationale klantenbestand.
Akana’s nieuwe API-platform speelt in op de eisen die grote ondernemingen hebben op gebied van distributie en opschaling. Het product ontwijkt daarbij de valkuilen waar autonome API Gateways mee kampen. Akana’s platform deelt naadloos data over configuratie en operationele data voor onder meer controle, SLA-verwerking en quotabeheer. Een van de voordelen is de mogelijkheid tot het direct delen van informatie, wat een einde maakt aan zwakke punten die andere benaderingswijzen met zich mee kunnen brengen dankzij het niet delen van cryptografische noncewaarden, wat gebruikers kan blootstellen aan replay-aanvallen.
Akana Brings Unprecedented Global Distribution and Internet Scale to APIs
LOS ANGELES–(BUSINESS WIRE)– Akana, a leading provider of API Management, API security and Cloud Integration solutions, announced today the launch of a next generation API Platform offering multi-datacenter geographic distribution and scale to help customers ensure that their APIs meet the needs of their global customer base with unprecedented levels of availability and resiliency.
Akana’s next generation API Platform addresses the distribution and scaling requirements of large enterprises, avoiding the pitfalls faced by standalone API Gateway instances. Akana’s platform seamlessly shares configuration and operational data for things like auditing data, SLA processing, and quota management. Amongst other benefits, this real-time sharing eliminates security vulnerabilities that other approaches can introduce by not sharing cryptographic nonce values across clusters and regions and so exposing their users to replay attacks.
Akana’s API Platform allows customers to create an “Akamai-like” global API network with a single logical platform deployed across multiple geographically distributed datacenters with features like:
- Logically centralized, distributed configuration stores – all product instances behave identically across the distributed system
- OAuth Token Distribution – tokens issued by one server are available everywhere supporting customer mobility and load-balancing and failover between data centers
- Distributed SLA and quota processing – manage consumption and capacity for globally distributed APIs and Apps
- Global analytics – analytics processing is driven across all storage instances to provide accurate analysis of all interactions regardless of source or target location
- Seamless failover – if one server or even an entire datacenter goes offline there will be zero downtime failover with no loss of fidelity
“Akana’s API platform leverages the latest in modern architecture to provide unprecedented global scalability and availability to meet the needs of today’s large enterprise,” said Alistair Farquharson, Akana CTO. “It leverages NoSQL (MongoDB), In-Memory Data Grid (Hazelcast), the latest search technologies (ElasticSearch) and a resilient microservices architecture to provide a unified platform across multiple data centers.”
Amongst the new technologies we are including in our next generation API Platform are:
- No SQL storage – Mongo DB to support distributed storage of massive amounts of collected data with eventual consistency between data centers
- In-memory data grid – Hazelcast to provide real-time sharing of critical data between instances both within and between data centers
- Advanced Search – Elasticsearch for high-performance indexing and searching of all API metadata, documentation, forums, tickets, etc.
- Microservices – the platform consists of a set of independently deployable and scalable microservices to enable rapid scaling and fault-tolerance
The new platform will be available in early Q4 both as on-premise software, and via the Akana Cloud that will deploy the platform in parallel with the public GA release of the software. Many of the new capabilities have been developed to satisfy requirements driven by Akana Cloud customers and operations, and our on-premise customers are able to benefit from the exact same technologies that we use to scale and manage our own infrastructure.
Akana’s comprehensive suite of API Management, API Security, SOA Governance, Cloud Integration, and Microservices solutions helps businesses accelerate digital transformation by securely extending their reach across multiple channels – mobile, cloud and Internet of Things. Akana enables enterprises to quickly deliver scalable applications, share data as APIs, connect and integrate applications, drive partner adoption, monetize their assets and provide intelligent insights into their business and operations. The world’s largest companies including Bank of America, Pfizer, and Verizon use Akana to harness the power of their technology and transform their businesses. Akana is recognized as a leader in API Management by severalanalyst firms. For more information on Akana’s API Platform, see http://www.akana.com. Akana was previously known as SOA Software.
All product and company names herein may be trademarks of their registered owners.
Akana, SOA Software, Community Manager, API Gateway, Lifecycle Manager, OAuth Server, Policy Manager and Cloud Integration Gateway are trademarks of Akana, Inc.
For more information, please contact: email@example.com
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/SOASoftware
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/AkanaInc
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/akana
- YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4QdcCn-FDCqN7gao7wp24g
- RSS: http://www.akana.com/index.php/news/feed
Lisa Blank, 323-708-2651